Our mission statement is LIFE CHANGE THROUGH CHRIST! We pursue this through the following ministry areas:
1. Summer Resident Camp - for grades 2nd -12th grade.
Resident camp is a weeklong experience starting on Sunday afternoon and continuing through Friday evening. While at camp the campers will sleep in our 16 person cabins and enjoy all sorts of activities including Bible lessons, Campfire, U-Pick its, group games, adventure programing and more.
2. Summer Day Camp - for grades Kindergarten - 8th Grade.
Day Camp runs Monday through Friday from 9am to 4 PM. We do have early and after care available. Each week is themed with activities and Bible lessons. The daily schedule includes, praise and worship, Bible time, swimming or slippy slide, recreation activities, snack (provided) and more.
3. Guest Services - for all ages
We have beautiful grounds and facilities, which are available for your group to come and use. We host many youth events, church groups, school groups and we partner with Camp Mariposa throughout the year. Come enjoy all our grounds have to offer for your retreat.
Theme Verse: “That I may know Him.” Phil 3:10
Mission Statement Life change through Christ.
Statement of Faith: Founded in the Anabaptist tradition Camp Men-O-Lan believes…
- In one God, eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the Word of God become flesh: born of a virgin, crucified on a cross, and bodily raised from the dead as Savior for the world and head of the Church.
- We believe in the divine inspiration and infallibility of the Bible as the Word of God and the only trustworthy standard for Christian faith and life.
- God created the heavens and the earth and formed human beings in His image with an eternal soul.
- All men have sinned, brining death and separation from God.
- A Christian is a person saved through the atoning blood and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, by grace through faith apart from works.
- Peace is the will of God and with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit Christians should live peaceably, doing justice, bringing reconciliation, and practicing nonresistance.
- That being either single or married is honorable. Scripturally we believe that God intends marriage to be a covenant between one man and one woman for life.
- The church of Jesus Christ is made of members who have repented of their sin, are obedient to the Word of God and endeavor to follow Christ’s example through the grace of God.
- One day Jesus Christ will return to judge the living and the dead. God will reign with Christ in justice, righteousness and peace forever.
Our Core Values:
Integrity: We will be transparent in our relationships, practices and attitudes including being honest with each other when to do so may cause us or others pain. We are accountable first to God and then each other to work and live so that life change through Christ is evident. We desire to establish expectations that fit within our mission, time, resources and staffing levels.
Friendliness: We know that Christ desires us to pursue relationships not just tasks. We desire to be known as a friendly camp. Our attitudes towards guests, our desire to make personal interactions, and our desire to cultivate hospitality will be evidence of our friendliness.
Nurturing: Our organization will be focused on providing a nurturing experience and environment for our guests. We are committed to building disciples of Christ and future ministry leaders by encouraging and challenging campers and staff towards Christian growth.
Respect: We will treat all our guests with respect, understanding they are made in the image of God and have value. We desire to respectfully serve our guests and make every effort to understanding and provide for their needs to the best of our ability.
Fun: From our foundation as a summer camp we value fun. Fun means a health balance of safety and risk, which enables campers and guests to be creative and create memories. We desire to be innovative as we pursue fun, not being afraid to try new ideas.
Team Work: We understand that God has gifted us each with different gifts and abilities, yet we are challenged to use these abilities in relationship with one another. We will be committed to team development as we pursue “Life Change through Christ.”